nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #60355
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Outdoor Hummingbird/Butterfly "Studio"" Previous topic | Next topic
RLDubbya Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Dec 2011Tue 25-Dec-12 02:07 AM
553 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Outdoor Hummingbird/Butterfly "Studio""
In response to In response to 1

US

Thanks Hal!

60 feet would be plenty of distance, so hopefully CLS will work. I'm hoping I can setup within 15-20 feet of the feeder / flower display.

Thanks much for the tip on the Cinefoil.

The clearing I'm working with is pretty much a C-shape, placed in landscape mode so that the opening and background are on the longer axis. The natural backdrop will be thick brush and trees, but I can easily add a black backdrop for better contrast - another great idea.

I do have the latest 2x teleconverter, and in my initial testing it seems to produce good results with the 70-200, so I'll give that a try if I need some additional reach.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicOutdoor Hummingbird/Butterfly "Studio" [View all] , RLDubbya Silver Member, Mon 24-Dec-12 11:18 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Outdoor Hummingbird/Butterfly "Studio"
HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources.
25th Dec 2012
RLDubbya Silver Member
25th Dec 2012
Sewerrat
28th Jan 2013
RABaker
28th Jan 2013
mfphoto1
28th Jan 2013
Seajay
29th Jan 2013

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #60355 Previous topic | Next topic