Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #60162
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Thanks for the help, and that brings up another que..." Previous topic | Next topic
cnl390 Gold Member Nikonian since 01st Jun 2007Wed 12-Dec-12 01:36 PM
137 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Thanks for the help, and that brings up another question."
In response to In response to 1

San Antonio, US

Thanks for the reply, I am now totally hooked on off camera flash. After figuring out how to set the SB800 as the remote with the pop up as the commander I took this photo just to see if it was working. It is be no means an award winning or even mediocre photo. But it certainly is a good example of how the remote flash adds dimension to an otherwise flat image.

>Hi Charles,
>
>For the best possible consistency, orient the sensor window on
>your remote Speedlights so they are aimed at the Master
>(Commander) Unit.
>As for settings, the possibilities are endless.
>You can use light modifiers (umbrellas, soft boxes, etc....)
>If you are indoors with light colored walls and ceilings you
>can even place the remote Speedlight behind a wall and the
>light (flash) reflected off of the walls or ceiling will
>usually trigger the remote.
>
>Experiment. Find out what works best for you.
>Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicThanks for the help, and that brings up another questio... [View all] , cnl390 Gold Member, Tue 11-Dec-12 12:38 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Thanks for the help, and that brings up another que...
MEMcD Moderator
11th Dec 2012
Reply message RE: Thanks for the help, and that brings up another que...
cnl390 Gold Member
12th Dec 2012

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #60162 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.