nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D-4 TTL Flash at High ISO

Arthur Laurent

Leesburg, US
469 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"D-4 TTL Flash at High ISO"

Arthur Laurent Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Apr 2006
Wed 28-Nov-12 08:18 AM

Hello, all. I'm in an experimental mode, and thought I'd plumb the available wisdom before I went off totally wild.

I have a bunch (technical term) of SB-800's and Quantum Q-flash's, all of which play well together in TTL and other modes.

I have a newish D-4, and I want to experment with TTL fill flash, exposing at the D-4's high ISO settings (ISO equiv 12,800 and above).

The SB-800 "tops out" at ISO 1000, the manual says. The Q-flash manual says it's "self-adjusting."

Do I have to go to manual mode? How does the SB-800 act at ISO's higher than 1000? Does it just refuse to work?

Thanks for any enlightenment. (Yeah, I'm a jokester...but it's a serious question.)

Arthur

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D-4 TTL Flash at High ISO [View all] , Arthur Laurent Silver Member, Wed 28-Nov-12 08:18 AM
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D-4 TTL Flash at High ISO Luke_Miller Silver Member
28th Nov 2012
Reply message RE: D-4 TTL Flash at High ISO Arkayem Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in flash photography
28th Nov 2012