nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

SB 800 Swivel Feature

rbsandor

Denver, US
1743 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: SB 800 Swivel Feature"

rbsandor Gold Member Nikonian since 29th Aug 2007
Tue 27-Nov-12 09:54 PM

Chris and George: thanks for the replies. The reason for wanting the ability to swivel equally in both directions is that I prefer to keep the flash on camera in most situations. In this manner, I can control the direction of the light while not having to use light stands, cords etc and can move around freely.
Nikon's latest speedlight models allow the ability to swivel 180 in either direction which is marketed as an improvement. I did buy a 900, but it is so prone to overheating even with the thermal cutoff feature turned off that I no longer use it.
The question remains is can the 800 be modified (not forced) to rotate farther? Very likely the answer is no, but perhaps there is a solution. Thanks again, Richard

A general, generic topic SB 800 Swivel Feature [View all] , rbsandor Gold Member, Tue 27-Nov-12 06:22 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: SB 800 Swivel Feature