Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #59939
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: su-800" Previous topic | Next topic
jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter MemberWed 28-Nov-12 05:31 AM
34198 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: su-800"
In response to In response to 0

San Pedro Garza García, MX

My partner Bo and I have tested quite a few third party accessories for various cameras and our experience has never been too happy when it comes to power packs and triggers.
One of them fried one of his digital bodies.
The D700 is too dear a body to experiment again.
So I bought an SU-800 quite some time ago and I love it.
While you can use the built-in flash from the D700 to fire your remote speedlights, the SU-800 allows you to set up to three groups in four channels.
I find this feature very useful for creative lighting, product photography and especially when there are other cameras present that may trigger your own remote speedlights, like at family affairs and social events.

Have a great time
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story, The Team
Join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members that help this happen; upgrade. Join your personal web site to the Nikonians WebRing
Make sure you check our workshops at The Nikonians Academy and the product catalog of the Photo Pro Shop

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicsu-800 [View all] , bert1eboddy , Sun 25-Nov-12 04:24 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: su-800
BR Silver Member
26th Nov 2012
jrp Administrator
28th Nov 2012
gbowen Gold Member
28th Nov 2012
Luke_Miller Silver Member
28th Nov 2012
bert1eboddy
29th Nov 2012
mrpenguin Silver Member
02nd Dec 2012
gbowen Gold Member
02nd Dec 2012
gbowen Gold Member
02nd Dec 2012
mrpenguin Silver Member
02nd Dec 2012
mrpenguin Silver Member
02nd Dec 2012
gbowen Gold Member
03rd Dec 2012

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #59939 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.