nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
jrp

San Pedro Garza García, MX
36734 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: su-800"

jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter Member
Wed 28-Nov-12 05:31 AM

My partner Bo and I have tested quite a few third party accessories for various cameras and our experience has never been too happy when it comes to power packs and triggers.
One of them fried one of his digital bodies.
The D700 is too dear a body to experiment again.
So I bought an SU-800 quite some time ago and I love it.
While you can use the built-in flash from the D700 to fire your remote speedlights, the SU-800 allows you to set up to three groups in four channels.
I find this feature very useful for creative lighting, product photography and especially when there are other cameras present that may trigger your own remote speedlights, like at family affairs and social events.

Have a great time :-)
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Mainly at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story
Please join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members who help this happen; upgrade.
Check our workshops at the Nikonians Academy and the Nikonians Photo Pro Shop

A general, generic topic su-800 [View all] , bert1eboddy , Sun 25-Nov-12 04:24 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: su-800