Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #59898
View in linear mode

Subject: "Has my SB600 died?" Previous topic | Next topic
RJLOMMD Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 06th Jul 2004Thu 22-Nov-12 08:42 PM
256 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Has my SB600 died?"

Owings Mills, US

I just checked my SB600 and it would not turn on. I haven't been using it much lately--using my SB800 instead. But the SB600 did see some use last week and it was working. Naturally I looked at the batteries. I did notice that one (regular alkaline) battery had leaked a little bit. Just enough to leave some whitish residue at the top and on the cover contact.

After cleaning it up with a soft brush, I replaced the batteries with 4 Eneloops (white), but still nothing. Just to be sure, I took the 4 Eneloops from my SB800 --which I know is working fine-- and put them in the SB600. Still nothing.

Any ideas on what may have happened?? I'd appreciate any assistance or advice. But, of course, I can wait until tomorrow as I suspect quite a few us us Nikonians will be busy digesting Turkey today rather than talking Turkey!

May all Nikonians enjoy and give thanks.

R.J.L
Owings Mills, MD

Nikonians Gallery
Picasa Gallery
PBase Gallery

----------------------
enjoying many years "playing through the viewfinder"...but now getting more serious about making quality images.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A topic tagged as having a questionHas my SB600 died? [View all] , RJLOMMD Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Thu 22-Nov-12 08:42 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Has my SB600 died?
gbowen Gold Member
22nd Nov 2012
cwils02 Gold Member
26th Nov 2012
MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas
24th Nov 2012
cwils02 Gold Member
25th Nov 2012
Nitehawk5169 Gold Member
25th Nov 2012

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #59898 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.