nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

SB-700 TTL Selection Using Spot Metering?

briantilley

Paignton, UK
30235 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: SB-700 TTL Selection Using Spot Metering?"

briantilley Gold Member Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003
Thu 22-Nov-12 10:27 PM | edited Thu 22-Nov-12 10:28 PM by briantilley

>The SB 700 works differently that the other Nikon Speedlights,
>in that the use of TTL or TTL-BL is determined by the camera
>settings, you can't set it on the flash.

Yes, I was quite surprised when I realised that!

I'd taken a new SB-700 rather than my usual SB-900 with me to a photo workshop, and forgot to take the manual...! It took me a while to discover what was going on - but the fact that the instructor couldn't work it out either made me feel a lot better...

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

This is a hot, active topic! SB-700 TTL Selection Using Spot Metering? [View all] , richlewt , Thu 22-Nov-12 04:27 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: SB-700 TTL Selection Using Spot Metering?