nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #59872
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Graslon INsight Dome" Previous topic | Next topic
Luke_Miller Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2006Thu 22-Nov-12 01:37 PM
1533 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Graslon INsight Dome"
In response to In response to 2

Rural Virginia, US

>Does the Graslon Prodigy interfere at all with the sensors on
>the front of you speedlight when using TTL or AA mode?
>
>Do you dial in any flash compensation when using it?

Mick

Currently I use the Prodigy on my SB-800. I haven't tried AA mode with it, but the AA sensor is well below the bottom edge of the Prodigy so it is not blocked. Also (at least with the flat panel model) it does not look as though light from the panel would shine into the sensor and cause exposure problems. The red focus assist function definitely works with the Prodigy mounted.

So far I have only used it in TTL and TTL-BL modes and have not seen the need for any flash compensation.

Places We Have Been

www.peppermill-multimedia.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicGraslon INsight Dome [View all] , tacomadm18 , Wed 21-Nov-12 04:58 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Graslon INsight Dome
Luke_Miller Silver Member
21st Nov 2012
mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
22nd Nov 2012
Luke_Miller Silver Member
22nd Nov 2012

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #59872 Previous topic | Next topic