Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #59847
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Fill flash with FE2 and SB-20" Previous topic | Next topic
Drbee Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Aug 2004Mon 19-Nov-12 07:49 PM
5793 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Fill flash with FE2 and SB-20"
In response to In response to 0

US

It's been a while for me, but IIRC it's pretty effortless. The FE2 is capable of TTL, one of the reasons it was the last film camera to leave my kit. I did check the SB-20 features and it is a TTL strobe so I think you can just put the SB-20 on the hot shoe, set to TTL.

For short distances, I typically set my TTL daylight fill to -1.5EV. However, for the SB-20, the low-res photos I found were not sufficient for me to locate a exposure compensation setting on the unit itself, so you might have to fool it by setting one EV higher ISO setting on the strobe.

In my film days, I kept a careful log of exposures and tried different settings at the beginning of each roll of film and then evaluated them over time.

Roger
It's still, ISO, aperture and shutter-speed, right?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicFill flash with FE2 and SB-20 [View all] , gddenes , Mon 19-Nov-12 06:15 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Fill flash with FE2 and SB-20
Drbee Silver Member
19th Nov 2012
gddenes
19th Nov 2012
Drbee Silver Member
19th Nov 2012

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #59847 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.