Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
elec164

US
2450 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: using sc17 chord"

elec164 Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Jan 2009
Mon 19-Nov-12 04:24 PM | edited Mon 19-Nov-12 04:27 PM by elec164

>. So I want my chord sc 17 to trigger my 700
>and that to fire my 600. I'm not figuring out how to
>accomplish that....

As others stated, the SC-17 is a hot shoe extension cord and the SB-700 should work when attached via the cord as if it were on the camera hot shoe.

I have an SC-29 and two SB-800's and just tried doing what you wanted and it worked (well at least on the second try that is). The reason it took two tries is that I got tripped up in that I set the SB-800 attached to the SC-29 as a master, but overlooked the fact that the SB-800 by default is set to Channel 1 whereas the camera is set at Channel 3 by default I believe. So the remote SB-800 on the first try didn't fire (being that I have them set to work with the camera on Channel 3. Once I changed the remote SB-800 to Channel 1, it worked like a charm!!

So if your cord is not allowing the SB-700 to work as a master, perhaps there is a broken wire as George suggests.

Pete

Pete

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic using sc17 chord [View all] , pasknucklehead Silver Member, Thu 15-Nov-12 06:21 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: using sc17 chord