nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
blw

Richmond, US
27312 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: using sc17 chord"

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004
Thu 15-Nov-12 06:55 PM

As far as I know, the SC-17 is functionally the equivalent of a very funny-shaped hot shoe. So if the SB-700 is not set in commander mode, it won't be triggering the remote. If it *IS* in commander mode, I would guess that you have not quite gotten the SB-700 seated properly on the SC-17, or perhaps the SC-17 is not perfectly seated on the shoe. (I do not know how many times I've gotten the flashes only mostly seated, but it's not just once or twice... And usually it's good enough to do most things but not something specific...)

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

A general, generic topic using sc17 chord [View all] , pasknucklehead Silver Member, Thu 15-Nov-12 05:21 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: using sc17 chord