nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #59815
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: D800 Behavior in Commander Mode with SB-800 in the ..." Previous topic | Next topic
chanrahan Silver Member Nikonian since 31st May 2004Wed 14-Nov-12 06:03 AM
164 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D800 Behavior in Commander Mode with SB-800 in the hotshoe"
In response to In response to 1
Wed 14-Nov-12 06:05 AM by chanrahan

Baltimore, US

Hello and thanks for your response!

What I'm getting at with this question is how will the D800 behave if it is set to Commander Mode, but with an SB-800 attached? For example, let's say that I leave my D800 in Commander mode, and then the next day, forgetting that it is still in Commander Mode, I mount an SB-800 on the D800, set the SB-800 for TTL, and shoot. Will the D800 fire the SB-800 as a TTL flash, or will it treat the SB-800 as a master flash, just as it would the pop-up flash? Or will it do neither and simply not fire the SB-800 at all?

In other words, if I mount a flash on the hot shoe, and place that flash in TTL or TTL-BL mode, do I need to make sure that the D800 is set for TTL in the menu? Or is it smart enough to use TTL whenever a the pop-up flash is folded down and another flash is in the hot shoe?

I'm stating this clearly...

Chris

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicD800 Behavior in Commander Mode with SB-800 in the hots... [View all] , chanrahan Silver Member, Wed 14-Nov-12 01:07 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D800 Behavior in Commander Mode with SB-800 in the ...
mfphoto1
14th Nov 2012
chanrahan Silver Member
14th Nov 2012
Scotty Silver Member
14th Nov 2012
chanrahan Silver Member
15th Nov 2012

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #59815 Previous topic | Next topic