nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #59783
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Not sure where to put this... flash photography wi..." Previous topic | Next topic
Arkayem Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in flash photography Charter MemberSun 11-Nov-12 02:29 PM
6021 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Not sure where to put this... flash photography with a manual lens"
In response to In response to 2
Sun 11-Nov-12 02:30 PM by Arkayem

Richmond Hill, GA (Savannah), US

>Thanks for that. I wrote it in my user manual. I think
>someone told me that when I first got my D90 and long since
>forgot. I hope I will not forget again. Now I am bummed
>because I have no clue as to why the camera does not fire the
>flip up flash with a manual lens. JBD90

I'm going to guess it has to do with focus. The camera may think the lens is not focused, since it is not providing focus info. Have you tried putting the D90 body on Manual focus?

Russ
Retired Professional Photographer
Nikonian Moderator
Russell MacDonald Photography
Nikon CLS Practical Guide

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicNot sure where to put this... flash photography with a... [View all] , JBD90 , Sun 11-Nov-12 01:39 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Not sure where to put this... flash photography wi...
Scotty Silver Member
11th Nov 2012
JBD90
11th Nov 2012
Arkayem Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in flash photography
11th Nov 2012
JBD90
11th Nov 2012
Scotty Silver Member
11th Nov 2012

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #59783 Previous topic | Next topic