Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #59759
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Control panel led light turns on when using Nissin ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Vsteelrider Registered since 13th Oct 2012Fri 02-Nov-12 08:17 AM
22 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Control panel led light turns on when using Nissin DI622 flash"
In response to In response to 2

GB

Ok quick update,
Having searched the net. I have confirmed that this issue (If it can be called that) Is not restricted to the D7000.
The D90 has the same problem when using a Nissin DI622 Mk 11.
Its a shame that in all the positive reviews being circulated, not one including the more professional reviews fail to mention this quirk.
My only concern is long term implications with regards to the flash making the cameras electronics do something it clearly shouldnt.
For some reason the flashes pilot light when turning green seems to be in some way linking to the top screen led light and turning it on.
I have decided to go for a Nikon SB700, and will keep the Nissin flash has an off camera slave unit.
It is a good perfomance flash yes.
But as a third party add on, I am not happy with the idea that sensitive camera electronics are being messed up in this way.
Its an issue that people need to be aware of, and Nissin really should be sorting it.
My advise for what its worth would be. Don't go for the cheaper option go for an original Nikon unit.
Because in the long run if your not happy (And thats where I am) It will cost you more in wasted money, when you eventually go for the real deal.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicControl panel led light turns on when using Nissin DI62... [View all] , Vsteelrider , Thu 01-Nov-12 01:46 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Control panel led light turns on when using Nissin ...
gkaiseril Gold Member
01st Nov 2012
Vsteelrider
01st Nov 2012
Vsteelrider
02nd Nov 2012

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #59759 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.