nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Off camera wireless trigger with TTL-BL functioning?

gpoole

Farmington Hills, US
3897 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Off camera wireless trigger with TTL-BL functioning?"

gpoole Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundrasing Campaing 2014 Writer Ribbon awarded for his article contributions for the Articles library and the eZine Nikonian since 14th Feb 2004
Fri 09-Nov-12 06:08 PM

I'm assuming you are talking of triggering the camera not the flash with a wireless remote. Any remote trigger should fire the camera, If you are using flash, the camera will in turn trigger the flash. When using a remote release, the camera should behave exactly the same as if you pushed the shutter release button.

Anytime you use a remote release you should make sure the viewfinder eyepiece is covered. This prevents stray light from affecting exposure and possibly showing up in your image. On the D4 you can use the eyepiece shutter to do this. I suspect the D600 will have a cover to slide over the eyepiece, but a hat or piece of dark cloth will work just as well,

Gary in SE Michigan, USA. Co-organizer of the Southern Michigan Chapter
Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the camera.
D4, D810, D300 (720nm IR conversion), D90, F6, FM3a (black), FM2n (chrome)
YashicaMat 124, Graflex Speed Graphic 4x5
My Nikonians Gallery & Our Chapter Gallery

A general, generic topic Off camera wireless trigger with TTL-BL functioning? [View all] , Cerulean , Fri 09-Nov-12 05:00 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Off camera wireless trigger with TTL-BL functioning...