nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #59645
View in linear mode

Subject: "Dragging shutter" Previous topic | Next topic
ScottChapin Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, including Aviation and Birds Photography   Powder Springs, US  Charter Member Mon 29-Oct-12 08:58 PM
8554 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Dragging shutter"

This has happened to me twice and I'm not sure how to trouble shoot the problem.

Scenario:
1. SB800
2. D700
3. Paramount iTTL cable with hot shoe for PW.
4. Damp and dark shooting conditions as well as cool outdoors.
5. Front curtain sync with 1/60 sec minimum SS
6. Aperture preferred at f/9.0.

It will randomly drop the shutter speed to 1/25. If I turn the flash and camera off and turn the camera on followed by the flash, it shoots at 1/60.

Of course I set the aperture and shutter in manual mode and everything is OK. I suspect the cable, but I'm not sure of that. It doesn't seem to do it when the weather is warm and dry.

Scott Chapin
Powder Springs, GA, USA

Nikonians Team Member

Alert Print | Reply | Quote

A general, generic topicDragging shutter [View all] , ScottChapin Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, including Aviation and Birds Photography , Mon 29-Oct-12 08:58 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Dragging shutter jim thomas Silver Member
31st Oct 2012
Reply message RE: Dragging shutter ScottChapin Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, including Aviation and Birds Photography
31st Oct 2012
     Reply message RE: Dragging shutter ctadin Silver Member
31st Oct 2012
          Reply message RE: Dragging shutter ScottChapin Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, including Aviation and Birds Photography
31st Oct 2012
Reply message RE: Dragging shutter avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
31st Oct 2012
01st Nov 2012
01st Nov 2012

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #59645 Previous topic | Next topic