nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Range of internal speedlite in outside setting, as comm...

prophotoman

Oakdale, US
253 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Range of internal speedlite in outside setting, as commander"

prophotoman Registered since 27th Jun 2009
Thu 01-Nov-12 06:39 AM | edited Thu 01-Nov-12 06:45 AM by prophotoman

About two years ago, while I was visiting relatives in the Philippines, I wanted to take some mid to late dusk shots of the 260+ year old church that my wife and I were married in. I ended up using my D700 built in speedlight as the commander... with my wife holding an SB-900 on the left side of the front of the church and my brother in law holding another SB-900 on the rigt side. They were both about 30 feet or so away from me I took the shot with no problems, both speedlights went off properly and the entire front of the church was illuminated evenly. The only remote operation I have ever used is the CLS system built into my camera. Going back to the Philippines again soon. I will be bringing 2 SB900's and one SB910. MOST of the time I will still use my camera as the commander except PERHAPS in bright daylight.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Range of internal speedlite in outside setting, as comm... [View all] , sigwart Silver Member, Thu 18-Oct-12 03:51 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Range of internal speedlite in outside setting, as ...