nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #59563
View in linear mode

Subject: "Range of internal speedlite in outside setting, as comm..." Previous topic | Next topic
sigwart Silver Member  Courtland, US  Nikonian since 11th Jun 2007 Thu 18-Oct-12 03:51 PM
30 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Range of internal speedlite in outside setting, as commander"

I am just starting to use my SB800 and SB900 as remote flashes. I tried to use the built in flash of my D300 as a commander, in an outside setting (sunny). I had the remote flashes in front of the camera (off to the side), no more than 6 feet from the camera. The flashes wouldn't fire. When testing indoors, there was no problem with triggering the flashes. What is the triggering range of the built in flash as a commander. Do I have to place the remote flashes to the right or left of the camera to trigger them? Thanks for any help.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Print | Reply | Quote

A general, generic topicRange of internal speedlite in outside setting, as comm... [View all] , sigwart Silver Member, Thu 18-Oct-12 03:51 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Range of internal speedlite in outside setting, as ... chiefmasterjedi Silver Member
18th Oct 2012
Reply message RE: Range of internal speedlite in outside setting, as ... MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas
20th Oct 2012
Reply message RE: Range of internal speedlite in outside setting, as ... cliddell Silver Member
21st Oct 2012
Reply message RE: Range of internal speedlite in outside setting, as ... sigwart Silver Member
23rd Oct 2012
Reply message RE: Range of internal speedlite in outside setting, as ... HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources.
21st Oct 2012
Reply message RE: Range of internal speedlite in outside setting, as ... Arkayem Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in flash photography
24th Oct 2012
Reply message RE: Range of internal speedlite in outside setting, as ... prophotoman
01st Nov 2012

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #59563 Previous topic | Next topic