Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon Coolpix Users Group (Public) topic #10950
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: I have a coolpix quality question;" Previous topic | Next topic
grnzbra Registered since 28th Sep 2011Tue 25-Jun-13 06:24 PM
282 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: I have a coolpix quality question;"
In response to In response to 0
Thu 27-Jun-13 03:25 PM by grnzbra

Springfield, US

The day may come when...

Don't know how easy or difficult it is to switch modes between 8 and 18. However, the day may come when you look at a pic and wish you could really crop it.

When my dog was a pup, he went into a lake and when he came out, he stood with his hind legs in the lake and his front legs on a rock and looked quite regal. Unfortunately, we only had time to grab a pic from where we were standing before he came out of the lake.

Looking at the pic, he was a relatively tiny portion and the lake was everything else. It was a picture of a lake with a dog in it. If we could have blown it up and cropped it, it would have been great. It would have been a picture of a dog in a lake. But it was a 5 megapixel camera and when the pic was blown up and cropped, it was worthless.

My suggestion is to shoot at the highest quality the camera has available. If you need to reduce the size of the file later, fine. You can always do that. If, however, you throw away the detail in the first place, you can't get it back.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicI have a coolpix quality question; [View all] , Larry E30 Silver Member, Wed 08-May-13 03:12 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: I have a coolpix quality question;
grnzbra
25th Jun 2013
Larry E30 Silver Member
29th Jun 2013
grnzbra
01st Jul 2013
Larry E30 Silver Member
07th Jul 2013

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon Coolpix Users Group (Public) topic #10950 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.