nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

I have a coolpix quality question;

Larry E30

US
2747 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"I have a coolpix quality question;"

Larry E30 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 27th May 2009
Wed 08-May-13 03:12 AM | edited Wed 08-May-13 02:38 PM by Larry E30

Will my P520 have better image quality if I shoot on on 18MP ,rather than on 8MP ? Or is the the higher MP JUST important for larger blow ups.

I been shooting it on 8MP to match my Nikon 8400...and the 8400 completely,with no problem -BLOWS AWAY THE P520 ON IMAGE QUALITY.

You see - I'm NOT doing blow-ups...
I do email stuff,and mainly just slideshows with music.

??????????????????????

Larry(and I'm using a converter on my 8400 !)

Add note ; I went back and checked...on setting up the camera ; I set it to 'fine',rather than 'normal' ...I see that says IMAGE QUALITY.

But still if anyone knows -is there something about using camera on 18MP that will increase clearity/sharpness ?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic I have a coolpix quality question; [View all] , Larry E30 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Wed 08-May-13 03:12 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: I have a coolpix quality question;