Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon Coolpix Users Group (Public) topic #10682
View in linear mode

Subject: "P7000 - shutter lag and multiple image issues" Previous topic | Next topic
ZoneV Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Jan 2005Sat 18-Aug-12 01:19 AM
3498 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"P7000 - shutter lag and multiple image issues"
Sat 18-Aug-12 01:19 AM by ZoneV

US

My warranty on my P7000 isn't valid much longer, so I'm thinking it's time to send it in to Nikon for warranty work.

There are two issues:

1. The camera sometimes captures multiple images. Often, a second image is captured after my finger has left the shutter release button.

2. The shutter lag is sometimes extremely long for no apparent reason. It can be as long as 5-10 seconds at times. It seems the camera is already in focus, so there is no Earthly reason for this.

Anyone have these issues or have any thoughts on this?

An undeniable paradox: To think that there is any such thing as an absolute rule is at worst naïve, and at best, shortsighted. There is no such thing as an always-true, all context- or situation-salient, absolute rule that always holds true…including this one!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A topic tagged as having a questionP7000 - shutter lag and multiple image issues [View all] , ZoneV Silver Member, Sat 18-Aug-12 01:19 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: P7000 - shutter lag and multiple image issues
ZoneV Silver Member
21st Oct 2012
Reply message RE: P7000 - shutter lag and multiple image issues
ScottChapin Moderator
24th Oct 2012

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon Coolpix Users Group (Public) topic #10682 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.