Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #44493
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Newbie-just bought a new lens!" Previous topic | Next topic
MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Tue 05-Feb-13 07:36 AM
26398 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Newbie-just bought a new lens!"
In response to In response to 0
Tue 05-Feb-13 07:38 AM by MEMcD

US

Hi Shawna,

Welcome to Nikonians!
Both versions of the Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 are optically excellent and very well suited to both DX and FX bodies. The latest version has VC (Vibration Compensation) and USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) which will provide faster AF than the older version with a geared micro-motor.

While the SP 28-75mm f/2.8 is also excellent and will work very well on both DX and FX bodies, 28mm is not very wide on a DX body. Unless you plan on transitioning to FX in the near future, I would recommend that you consider substituting one of the SP 17-50mm f/2.8 for the 28-70mm f/2.8.
After I transitioned from film to a DX body, I found my Nikkor 17-35mm too short at the long end and my 28-70mm too long at the wide end for my requirements. The Nikkor 17-55mm fit the bill perfectly.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicNewbie-just bought a new lens! [View all] , redmomof4 , Tue 05-Feb-13 02:09 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Newbie-just bought a new lens!
avm247 Moderator
05th Feb 2013
redmomof4
05th Feb 2013
MEMcD Moderator
05th Feb 2013
redmomof4
05th Feb 2013
MEMcD Moderator
05th Feb 2013
Scotty Silver Member
09th Feb 2013

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #44493 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.