nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
mkbee1

West Valley, US
664 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Sharpening?"

mkbee1 Registered since 26th Nov 2012
Sat 22-Dec-12 03:43 PM

Alex; Thanks for your reply.

I always shot my D 50 in JPEG, and view it on Windows 7/Picasa. My monitor is calibrated as close as I can come, which appears pretty close, and when I try sharpening from Picasa, I can't tell much about it, except when the levels get nearly maximum, the image goes all wonky, looking like a bad HDR!

Actually, even after I found out there was this digital thing called sharpening, which previously was something I only did to my hunting knives, and my wife's kitchen knives, I seldom observed what I thought was the need for any additional sharpening in my images.

But, in the True Spirit of Never Leaving Well Enough Alone, I started reading,(I'm a photographer,right?)and thought; "Hmmm...I wonder if there is something I am missing?"

The jury is still out. My buddy, the Canon shooter, sharpens the merrie Aitch out of his, but I really can't tell much difference between his'n and mine, except mine are better!

I have bought a D90, and found Ken Rockwell's site, where he has a D90 user's guide, so I set it at his recommendation, where it will stay, until I think it will be an advantage to change, if ever.

Carl

It is a Fine and Pleasant Madness

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Sharpening? [View all] , mkbee1 , Thu 20-Dec-12 04:58 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Sharpening?