Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #44413
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: D60 for School...should I upgrade?" Previous topic | Next topic
blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004Mon 30-Jul-12 11:49 PM
26541 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#10. "RE: D60 for School...should I upgrade?"
In response to In response to 3

Richmond, US

By far, the best approach to night photography is a tripod and cable release. Even the least capable cameras and lenses can do amazing things with a tripod. For example:

Clearly this is one of the proverbial "black cat in a coal mine" type of shots. And it even has a human in it, and even so the subject motion isn't too much of a problem. This was shot on a D100 (several years older than your D60, more noise, less advanced processing). With the 18-55 kit lens, but on a tripod.

The equipment matters, but not as much as you'd think given the internet chatter.

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A topic tagged as having a questionD60 for School...should I upgrade? [View all] , Valali , Fri 27-Jul-12 07:21 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D60 for School...should I upgrade?
Lolrogge Silver Member
27th Jul 2012
Floridian Silver Member
27th Jul 2012
Valali
28th Jul 2012
Lolrogge Silver Member
28th Jul 2012
MEMcD Moderator
29th Jul 2012
blw Moderator
30th Jul 2012
Bluewaterhooker0
28th Jul 2012
mfphoto1
28th Jul 2012
Valali
28th Jul 2012
MEMcD Moderator
29th Jul 2012

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #44413 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.