nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D60 for School...should I upgrade?

blw

Richmond, US
27117 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: D60 for School...should I upgrade?"

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004
Mon 30-Jul-12 11:49 PM

By far, the best approach to night photography is a tripod and cable release. Even the least capable cameras and lenses can do amazing things with a tripod. For example:

Click on image to view larger version

Clearly this is one of the proverbial "black cat in a coal mine" type of shots. And it even has a human in it, and even so the subject motion isn't too much of a problem. This was shot on a D100 (several years older than your D60, more noise, less advanced processing). With the 18-55 kit lens, but on a tripod.

The equipment matters, but not as much as you'd think given the internet chatter.

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

A topic tagged as having a question D60 for School...should I upgrade? [View all] , Valali , Fri 27-Jul-12 07:21 PM
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D60 for School...should I upgrade? Lolrogge Silver Member
27th Jul 2012
Reply message RE: D60 for School...should I upgrade? Floridian Silver Member
27th Jul 2012
Reply message RE: D60 for School...should I upgrade? Valali
28th Jul 2012
Reply message RE: D60 for School...should I upgrade? Lolrogge Silver Member
28th Jul 2012
Reply message RE: D60 for School...should I upgrade? MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas
29th Jul 2012
Reply message RE: D60 for School...should I upgrade? blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas
30th Jul 2012
Reply message RE: D60 for School...should I upgrade? Bluewaterhooker0
28th Jul 2012
Reply message RE: D60 for School...should I upgrade? mfphoto1
28th Jul 2012
Reply message RE: D60 for School...should I upgrade? Valali
28th Jul 2012
Reply message RE: D60 for School...should I upgrade? MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas
29th Jul 2012