Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #44351
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Am I really ready for a different camera?" Previous topic | Next topic
Floridian Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Feb 2007Sat 23-Jun-12 06:55 PM
2740 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Am I really ready for a different camera?"
In response to In response to 0

Tallahassee, Florida, US

Yes, Tony, you're ready for a new camera AND faster glass! A D90 and up (or used, D70, D80) will have separate command wheels for aperture and shutter speed, helping with limitation (1) in your list. I still see D90s new, and that's a nice camera. Also look at the D300 and D7000.

As for faster glass, depending on what focal length you want, the 35mm f1.8, 50mm f1.8, and 85mm f1.8 are all reasonably priced. I have all three (actually a 50mm f1.4, but close enough) and though I use my slow zooms more, sometimes there is no substitute for faster glass. You could look at some f2.8 zooms, but three drawbacks there are, they are much more expensive than primes, they aren't as fast if you really need a fast lens, and they are bigger and heavier.

So, get out there and buy some new stuff!

Randy

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicAm I really ready for a different camera? [View all] , Cadfael_tex , Sat 23-Jun-12 06:23 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Am I really ready for a different camera?
Floridian Silver Member
23rd Jun 2012
Lolrogge Silver Member
24th Jun 2012
MEMcD Moderator
24th Jun 2012
Cadfael_tex
10th Jul 2012
blw Moderator
10th Jul 2012
Cadfael_tex
10th Jul 2012
MEMcD Moderator
11th Jul 2012
MEMcD Moderator
11th Jul 2012
RodW
12th Jul 2012
ArthurNikonF
18th Jul 2012
petie3 Silver Member
22nd Jul 2012
ctdrummer Silver Member
10th Oct 2012

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #44351 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.