Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #44165
View in linear mode

Subject: "D60 Macro capabilities?" Previous topic | Next topic
BillinBoston Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Mar 2012Wed 14-Mar-12 02:43 AM
108 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D60 Macro capabilities?"

Hyde Park, MA, US

Hi,

I own a D60, a Nikkor 18-55mm 3.5-5.6G AF-S DX, a Nikkor 55-200mm 4-5.6G AF-S DX, a Nikkor 300mm F4D AF-S. and a TC 14E II 1.4x.

When doing previous macro work, especially for butterflies, I used a film camera Pentax ZX-7, a Pentax 50 mm 1.4, and a Vivatar 2x macro teleconverter. I was extremely happy with the results of that rig. But I would prefer to stay away from film, and use my D60 as a starting point for a new macro set-up.

I need advice as to what lens set-up with my D60 will be as effective, if not more so, than my old Pentax rig.

Does someone make a conversion ring to put a vivatar lens/pentax base on a D60? Conversely, are there other options for cheap money? Like a Vivatar 2x macro teleconverter with a Nikon base? Or bypassing the macro-teleconverter entirely, and using a a Nikkor prime? I can live with VR or no Vr. I can also live with AF-S or manual. I'm still pretty new to Nikon lenses, so the more specific you can be, the better. I would also be very interested in seeing some posted butterfly photographs of yours that used a D60 and a specific Nikon rig.

Thanks,
Bill

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A topic tagged as in need of helpD60 Macro capabilities? [View all] , BillinBoston Silver Member, Wed 14-Mar-12 02:43 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D60 Macro capabilities?
Bluewaterhooker0
14th Mar 2012
BillinBoston Silver Member
14th Mar 2012
Bluewaterhooker0
14th Mar 2012
aolander Silver Member
15th Mar 2012
15th Mar 2012
aolander Silver Member
15th Mar 2012
16th Mar 2012
gkaiseril Gold Member
15th Mar 2012

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #44165 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.