Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #43969
View in linear mode

Subject: "D60 and shutter speeds above 1/200" Previous topic | Next topic
Max_Mang Registered since 09th Nov 2011Wed 09-Nov-11 09:32 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D60 and shutter speeds above 1/200"

US

I'm sorry if this question has come up before. I've searched through the forums and found some info but nothing that really details what I may need. Thanks in advance for any info provided.

I have a D60. The flash synch maxes at 1/200. The shutter speed goes to 1/4000. For the life of me, I can't figure see how 1/1000 or higher could ever be used, the photos are too dark.

I'd like to shoot some water droplet photos and some other macro high speed photos. I've seen the awesome hummingbird photos some have posted to this forum where they mentioned using as low as 1/60 as a shutter speed with a speedlight to freeze the movement. Can someone explain this setup and the hardware needed to work with the D60?

Again, thanks in advance for the help.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicD60 and shutter speeds above 1/200 [View all] , Max_Mang , Wed 09-Nov-11 09:32 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D60 and shutter speeds above 1/200
blw Moderator
09th Nov 2011
Matthew Gregory Silver Member
10th Nov 2011
Max_Mang
10th Nov 2011

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #43969 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.