Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

New to D60 - Battery Indicator Question

3 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"New to D60 - Battery Indicator Question"

junime Registered since 14th Jul 2011
Fri 12-Aug-11 07:42 PM | edited Fri 12-Aug-11 07:48 PM by junime

I just bought a used D60 for my 12 year old daughter who has an interest in photography. I am so excited to share my hobby with her.

I shoot with a D7000 and D90 before that so this camera has me a bit confused. I didn't think I would have such a learning curve by going backwards in bodies, but it seems I do, LOL!!

I can't even figure out how to tell how much battery life is left. I downloaded the manual and on pg 29 it shows where the icon should be both on the LCD and in the view finder, but the icon does not light up or give me any info in either place. I'm sure it is me and not the camera. Both the d90 and d7000 had a menu item to check battery detail and I can't seem to find it here.

I feel really stupid asking, but I'd can't seem to figure it out myself. I know I will feel the fool when someone explains it. Thanks in advance.

Okay, never mind. I figured it out and yep, I feel foolish. It only shows the battery icon in the viewfinder when the battery is low.

I'm off to read the whole manual now.

A general, generic topic New to D60 - Battery Indicator Question [View all] , junime , Fri 12-Aug-11 07:42 PM
Reply message RE: New to D60 - Battery Indicator Question