Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #43810
View in linear mode

Subject: "New to D60 - Battery Indicator Question" Previous topic | Next topic
junime Registered since 14th Jul 2011Fri 12-Aug-11 07:42 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"New to D60 - Battery Indicator Question"
Fri 12-Aug-11 07:48 PM by junime

US

I just bought a used D60 for my 12 year old daughter who has an interest in photography. I am so excited to share my hobby with her.

I shoot with a D7000 and D90 before that so this camera has me a bit confused. I didn't think I would have such a learning curve by going backwards in bodies, but it seems I do, LOL!!

I can't even figure out how to tell how much battery life is left. I downloaded the manual and on pg 29 it shows where the icon should be both on the LCD and in the view finder, but the icon does not light up or give me any info in either place. I'm sure it is me and not the camera. Both the d90 and d7000 had a menu item to check battery detail and I can't seem to find it here.

I feel really stupid asking, but I'd can't seem to figure it out myself. I know I will feel the fool when someone explains it. Thanks in advance.

Okay, never mind. I figured it out and yep, I feel foolish. It only shows the battery icon in the viewfinder when the battery is low.

I'm off to read the whole manual now.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicNew to D60 - Battery Indicator Question [View all] , junime , Fri 12-Aug-11 07:42 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: New to D60 - Battery Indicator Question
MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas
13th Aug 2011

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #43810 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.