Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #43688
View in linear mode

Subject: "D50 won't recognize new memory card" Previous topic | Next topic
sassafrasfilms Registered since 17th May 2011Tue 17-May-11 08:50 PM
5 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D50 won't recognize new memory card"

US

Hi! I own a Nikon D50 and have recently bought a brand new Sandisk Extreme III 4 G SD card to replace my old Sandisk card. My problem is that my camera will not recognize my new card and I get a CHA error message in my viewer. I still recognizes my old Sandisk card just fine, the only difference in the two cards being that my old one is a 2 G card instead of a 4.

I got the CHA error message on my camera several months ago and it would not play ANY memory card at all. I had to send it in and get the circuit board repaired. But ever since then it has worked fine with my old memory card.

I've formatted my new card in my camera and in my computer, but nothing seems to help. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!!!
~Sassafras Films

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicD50 won't recognize new memory card [View all] , sassafrasfilms , Tue 17-May-11 08:50 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D50 won't recognize new memory card
gkaiseril Gold Member
17th May 2011
sassafrasfilms
17th May 2011
gkaiseril Gold Member
17th May 2011
HHargitt Silver Member
17th May 2011
sassafrasfilms
18th May 2011
gkaiseril Gold Member
18th May 2011
HHargitt Silver Member
18th May 2011
sassafrasfilms
20th May 2011
HHargitt Silver Member
20th May 2011
greenwing Gold Member
18th May 2011

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #43688 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.