Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #43624
View in linear mode

Subject: "SanDisk UHS-1 works in D40 camera" Previous topic | Next topic
DeanAZ Moderator Expert nature photographer Nikonian since 28th Apr 2007Sun 27-Mar-11 01:14 PM
3707 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"SanDisk UHS-1 works in D40 camera"
Sun 03-Apr-11 03:52 AM by DeanAZ

Phoenix, US

I bought a new 16GB SanDisk UHS-1 SDHC card to take advantage of the higher write speed for my D7000 body and it works well there but I thought I would try it out in my trusty D40, also. As to compatibility, it works like any other SD card I have tried and I do see a speed improvement when emptying the buffer to the memory card. When shooting raw in continuous mode, the buffer fills after about 4 or 5 shots and then waits until the buffer has enough room for another shot before the camera fires again. With some cards this time is over a second but with the new UHS-1 card it is much shorter of a wait time, a noticeable improvement.

I'm not suggesting that the D40 needs this new card and you should run out and buy it but if you have the card it will function correctly and deliver an improvement in write speed.

Dean
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Nikonians Team Member

Recent Trips: Grand Canyon 2012 Glen Canyon 2012 West Clear Creek

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #43624 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.