Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #43422
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: RAW or JPEG?" Previous topic | Next topic
Wingman Silver Member Awarded for sharing his excellent work and continued contribution to the forums, most notably at the Aviation forum. Nikonian since 02nd Dec 2002Tue 01-Mar-11 07:03 PM
1066 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: RAW or JPEG?"
In response to In response to 8

Kimberley, CA

I too shoot both, but in my early digital days sometimes shot only jpeg. A perfectly exposed jpeg shot in good conditions (so needing minimal PP) can yield gorgeous prints that are indistiguishable from a RAW image of the same scene. I have several 16x22 inch prints from D2Xs jpeg captures that are absolutely gorgeous.

So in my mind it's always better to have RAW available, but in the right circumstances jpeg can work out just fine...

Neal Nurmi

---Wingman Photo---

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicRAW or JPEG? [View all] , bailey407 , Fri 31-Dec-10 05:45 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: RAW or JPEG?
CharlieS Silver Member
31st Dec 2010
HHargitt Silver Member
31st Dec 2010
bailey407
01st Jan 2011
Beatkat Silver Member
14th Jan 2011
dclarhorn Moderator
31st Jan 2011
blw Moderator
01st Feb 2011
billcavanagh
21st Feb 2011
wingdo
01st Mar 2011
Wingman Silver Member
01st Mar 2011
chewie
03rd Mar 2011
machiavelli
28th Mar 2011

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D60/D50/D40 (Public) topic #43422 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.