Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #252343
View in linear mode

Subject: "Issue with built-in flash on D90" Previous topic | Next topic
pochiserna Registered since 14th Jan 2013Tue 15-Jan-13 05:26 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Issue with built-in flash on D90"

US

Hi everyone,

I'm a new member and first time posting. I've just bought a used D90 a week ago from a local photography store and have a one month warranty against any defects. The camera appears to be working well except for one issue:

I've been having a problem with the built-in flash and specially selecting the different flash modes (red eye, slow sync, rear-curtain sync, etc..) and appears that the flash button located on the front of the camera by the lens is not functioning. Here is what is happening; If I'm in auto mode or one of the other scene modes, the built-in flash pops up automatically by pressing the shutter when in low light situations, but the if I press the flash button and rotate the main command dial (per manual) to select different flash modes, nothing happens. It does not take me through the different flash modes to select one. Also, If I'm in Aperture, Shutter or Program modes the built-in flash does not pop up when I press the flash button. The only way I can get the flash to work using the A,S or P modes is to first select auto mode, press the shutter so the flash pops up and with the flash up, rotate the dial back to A,S or P and take the picture. But again, I cannot change the flash mode by pressing the flash button and then rotating the main command dial.

I apologize for the long post and like I say before, it appears that the flash button does not work. I'm trying these things per the manual but nothing works so I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong or is there a defect with the flash button. Before I take it back to the store so they can look at it, I thought I would post it here to see if someone had a similar problem or if anyone can tell me if I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks all,

Enrique

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A topic tagged as in need of helpIssue with built-in flash on D90 [View all] , pochiserna , Tue 15-Jan-13 05:26 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Issue with built-in flash on D90
avm247 Moderator
15th Jan 2013
pochiserna
15th Jan 2013
km6xz Moderator
15th Jan 2013
Leonard62 Gold Member
16th Jan 2013

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #252343 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.