nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Memory cards and other miscellaneous questions

mkbee1

West Valley, US
664 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Memory cards and other miscellaneous questions"

mkbee1 Registered since 26th Nov 2012
Wed 09-Jan-13 08:19 PM | edited Thu 10-Jan-13 12:31 AM by mkbee1

Hey, knowledgeable Nikonians;
When I bought my D90, the guy sold me a 16 GB class 10 memory card. I about choked when I saw the remaining exposure count was 2,100 shooting JPEG Fine,and Large! HOLY PIXELS, Batman!

That many sounds great, but, I think I'd a lot rather have fewer,(eggs in one basket, and all that) and I see there are 4GB class 6 memory cards available, which will give me 500+ exposures...about like a 2GB did in my D50. One card almost did me for a 9 day trip to Hawaii.

Are class 6 cards sufficiently fast for the D90, or should I go with the class 10s?

Now, for the next one:

Are the GGS-type LCD covers necessary? They seem to be made of glass, and permanently adhered to the camera. I'm using the plastic one that comes with the D90, and it seems good, but clunky-looking. I'm not sure about durability,though.

I had the LCD on my D50 covered with PDF screen-protection film for about 3 years, and finally removed it, because it got tatty, and made the image slightly "soft". No problems since I took it off, though, and the screen is still in excellent shape,after about 7 years.
Any recommendations?

Thanx.
C.

It is a Fine and Pleasant Madness

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Memory cards and other miscellaneous questions [View all] , mkbee1 , Wed 09-Jan-13 08:19 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Memory cards and other miscellaneous questions