nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
danall

Springfield, US
116 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: shooting at -2/3 EV"

danall Registered since 16th Feb 2009
Wed 23-Jan-13 04:17 PM

I've always had a problem with my D90 overexposing. I would say 95 percent of my images are taken with -3/6 being "baked in" using the b4 fine tune optimal exposure menu setting. This gives me a zero (balanced) meter reading with -3/6 baked in. Maybe its just my camera, or some of these d90s, but even with this -1/2 I still usually have to dial in additional underexposure if there is any sunlit areas in a mixed lighting scene. I would say the majority of images i discard are due to blown out highlights that are unrecoverable (CNX2 and RAW). I continually struggle with overexposure even with this -1/2 stop baked in. Evenly lit scenes with lessor dynamic range of illumination are ok, when i get into medium to high contrast settings with sunlight/shade I usually will need to dial in additional minus exposure compensation. I have shot identical images with another semi-high end camera (non Nikon) that i have and do not have this problem with that camera.

Daniel Schlender

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as having a question shooting at -2/3 EV [View all] , dosrios , Thu 03-Jan-13 04:35 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: shooting at -2/3 EV