nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
HenkB

Wayland, US
547 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Upgrade question"

HenkB Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2004
Tue 01-Jan-13 06:53 PM

I just 'bought down' upgrading from D90 to D600. Well, hardly. D600 is a marvelous camera and I am thrilled. I wanted (and needed) superior low-light performance and that's what I got, among other things.

Back on-thread, reacting to the OP's question, if I had answered all the questions suggested about how a new camera might serve to resolve current problems, I'd probably plump for a D7000, essentially replacing the D70 (a camera I love and the one with which I started my DSLR adventure), which last can still take perfectly fine images when used within its capabilities. It's just that those capabilities are substantially constrained compared to those of the D90 or, even more so, the D7000. Family photos are often taken inside and flash is not always the most beautiful solution to a tender moment.

Best,

Hendrik

A general, generic topic Upgrade question [View all] , DavidN4 Silver Member, Sat 29-Dec-12 03:39 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Upgrade question