Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #252244
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: question about extension tubes" Previous topic | Next topic
Pete Wilson Gold Member Nikonian since 27th Jun 2004Sun 23-Dec-12 01:46 AM
866 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: question about extension tubes"
In response to In response to 2

Lake Orion, US

If its HSM then it doesn't even use the screw drive. HSM lenses have their own focus motor built in them. The pictures of the sigma 105 macros with HSM on them all had the lettering HSM on the lens.

Like Len said, your going to have to do trial and error. Try each extension tube by itself on the camera with that lens and see if it works. This will tell you if it is just one tube and which one it is. BTW, I have had my kenko extension tubes for about 6 years and I have yet to ever need to use more than one at a time.

Pete Wilson
Nikonian from Lake Orion, Michigan
My Nikonians gallery

Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicquestion about extension tubes [View all] , pasknucklehead Silver Member, Sat 22-Dec-12 06:13 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: question about extension tubes
Leonard62 Gold Member
22nd Dec 2012
pasknucklehead Silver Member
23rd Dec 2012
Pete Wilson Gold Member
23rd Dec 2012
blw Moderator
23rd Dec 2012
Leonard62 Gold Member
23rd Dec 2012
mklass Platinum Member
23rd Dec 2012

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #252244 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.