nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

question about extension tubes

Pete Wilson

Lake Orion, US
868 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: question about extension tubes"

Pete Wilson Gold Member Nikonian since 27th Jun 2004
Sun 23-Dec-12 01:46 AM

If its HSM then it doesn't even use the screw drive. HSM lenses have their own focus motor built in them. The pictures of the sigma 105 macros with HSM on them all had the lettering HSM on the lens.

Like Len said, your going to have to do trial and error. Try each extension tube by itself on the camera with that lens and see if it works. This will tell you if it is just one tube and which one it is. BTW, I have had my kenko extension tubes for about 6 years and I have yet to ever need to use more than one at a time.

Pete Wilson
Nikonian from Lake Orion, Michigan
My Nikonians gallery

Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera

A general, generic topic question about extension tubes [View all] , pasknucklehead Silver Member, Sat 22-Dec-12 06:13 PM
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: question about extension tubes Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library
22nd Dec 2012
Reply message RE: question about extension tubes pasknucklehead Silver Member
23rd Dec 2012
     Reply message RE: question about extension tubes Pete Wilson Gold Member
23rd Dec 2012
     Reply message RE: question about extension tubes blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas
23rd Dec 2012
          Reply message RE: question about extension tubes Leonard62 Gold Member Awarded for excellent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community, especially of Nikkor Lenses Writer Ribbon awarded for his contributions to the Nikonians Resources articles library
23rd Dec 2012
Reply message RE: question about extension tubes mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
23rd Dec 2012