nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

NIKON D80 will not take Pictures (No Error codes, regar...

sstewart780

CA
4 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"NIKON D80 will not take Pictures (No Error codes, regardless of settings/lenses)"

sstewart780 Registered since 07th Dec 2012
Fri 07-Dec-12 09:19 PM

Hi All,

I am new to this forum but have a pressing question. All of the suddon, my Nikon D80 started refusing to take pictures. There is no error code displayed. It is almost as if there is no response from the shutter release button. I have listed some information below in point form:

-When depressing the Shutter Release button in any Camera mode, regardless of settings there is no response, no error code, etc.

-If I select the play button or menu buttons (to turn the display screen on) and then press the shutter release, the screen will switch off (as normal) so the button does appear to be working as I can generate a response from it. However, upon returning to Camera mode (screen turning off) the button stops responding.

-If I depress Scene button (lower left hand side of the lense, on base of camera), the mirror will actuate and make the normal "click" sound. Nothing sounds off with the mirror actuation. Everything inside the body moves freely.

-Attempted resetting multiple times both in the menu options and the physical reset button. No result/change in camera.

-Attempted a different lense, no result or change in the camera.

-Nothing is displayed on the screen when the shutter release is pressed, no errors, or any other information.

Anything you guys can do to assist would be greatly appreciated. I really need to have this functioning again before the holidays. Thanks in advance, I understand its a tall order for my first post!

A general, generic topic NIKON D80 will not take Pictures (No Error codes, regar... [View all] , sstewart780 , Fri 07-Dec-12 09:19 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: NIKON D80 will not take Pictures (No Error codes, r...