nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
pasknucklehead

US
1457 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: A happy moment!"

pasknucklehead Registered since 05th Feb 2008
Fri 23-Nov-12 03:20 AM

I totally agree with you Antero, I think there is a lot of people around like us who just enjoy seeing someone else admire our work. No it's not a trade secret, here is exactly how I did it:
I used my glass end table, positioned a flag right underneath it about 12 inches or so give or take. I then took some rain-x that you buy at your local walmart, sprayed that over the glass top of the table. Then I took a small syringe and very gently made the row of drops. They really didn't have to be in any sort of order and you need to make a lot of them so you have a chance to move your lens around to position the flag in the drops. That was the hardest part. You have to lay the flag down opposite of the way it should be because it will be refracted in the drops. Then I used my tripod, which I have grown to love with the ball head and tilted it so it was over top of the glass. I used my 105 macro, if I remember correctly, and focus on the flag in the drop, not the flag itself. You need to have a wide aperature so the flag is sort of out of focus a little.
Then it is a matter of trial and error with the lighting. I did my near a window so as to not have a direct flash from anywhere.
But remember, you must have the flag reversed so it is showing the stars and stripes the correct way in the drop...It was challenging, but a lot of fun....

Darlene

This is a hot, active topic! A happy moment! [View all] , pasknucklehead , Mon 12-Nov-12 04:06 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: A happy moment!