nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
pasknucklehead

US
1457 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: A happy moment!"

pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Feb 2008
Tue 13-Nov-12 04:02 PM

Thanks guys, see persistence pays off, but I've learned something even more important. When I first started on here, I wasn't even sure I was turning the camera on correctly, well, maybe not that bad, but I was very much a beginner. I went, along with dragging you all with me, from thinking I needed new lens, to needing a better camera, flashes etc. What I ultimately learned was this: What I NEEDED was to USE my camera. It takes USING the camera to make you a better photographer. It takes actually picking it up, putting it in manual mode and actually USING it. I sat day after day, reading, looking through the internet, then more reading, but until I actually started USING my camera, did It start all coming together. I could see how each different settings affected what. I could see taking the flash off camera made a difference in lighting. I think I have learned more about my camera in the past few months than I have in the past few years, simply because I ACTUALLY USED IT. So the bottom line for me was, until you put into practice day in and day out with camera in hand, what you've learned, you will never progress. I learned step by step, but I've REALLY LEARNED by doing. And you guys have always been very patient with me and you've all helped me to evolve, for that I say THANK YOU.

Darlene

This is a hot, active topic! A happy moment! [View all] , pasknucklehead Silver Member, Mon 12-Nov-12 04:06 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: A happy moment!