nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251890
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: D90 dead pixels" Previous topic | Next topic
Rassie Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Jan 2006Sat 29-Sep-12 03:10 AM
3041 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D90 dead pixels"
In response to In response to 0
Sat 29-Sep-12 03:12 AM by Rassie

Milton, CA

I've had them repaired on sensors of various cameras a few times. Basically all they do is map out the dead pixels in the camera's software (I guess it's like telling the camera those pixels don't exist, so ignore them). Once the mapping is done the faulty pixels don't feature anymore and you don't see them (or their absence) in the final picture. This, as you can imagine, can be done any number of times. After all, you have millions of pixels on the sensor and you won't miss a few that disappear. Nikon did this for me free of charge, I guess since it does not involve physically working on the camera.

Good luck.

My Nikonians gallery

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicD90 dead pixels [View all] , rwsteve66 , Fri 28-Sep-12 11:28 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D90 dead pixels
OnTERRYo Silver Member
29th Sep 2012
Rassie Silver Member
29th Sep 2012
rwsteve66
30th Sep 2012

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251890 Previous topic | Next topic