Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251741
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: D90 backfocus with primes" Previous topic | Next topic
verdict Registered since 14th Aug 2012Thu 04-Oct-12 04:19 AM
44 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D90 backfocus with primes"
In response to In response to 2

FI

I didn't listen your warnings.. and usually this is the part where everything starts to go wrong but not this time!

My D90 is now focusing like angel, and I can again fall in love my fast primes and have huge crush to my new Nikkor 17-55 f2.8!

1. Print focuschart, and learn to use it before this "operation" (like one @ http://focustestchart.com/chart.html )

2. Read manual for focus adjusting (D70 D80 D90 & D300 confirmed) like: http://www.howtoshot.com/82/how-to-fix-front-focus-nikon-d90-d80-back-focus-problem/ or http://leongoodman.com/sergei/backfocus.htm

3. Remove lens

4. Locate AF screw behind mirror

5. Keep in mind the location of the screw, then turn it as much as other direction you can by using hexagonscrewdriver (30 degrees?)

6. Put fast prime or some f2.8 lens back on

7. Verify focuspoint using chart

8. Was focusing going wrong or right direction?

7. Repeat parts 5-8 until you microadjust focusing to right position

I got everything 95% right in just a 10 minute! It took a while, let say 30min to microadjust everything 98% right (focus can't be 100% accurate.. even in body that is straight out of the factory, atleast usually).

Now my D90 is all good again, and I won't miss other important shots and my clients are more merrier

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicD90 backfocus with primes [View all] , verdict , Tue 28-Aug-12 12:48 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D90 backfocus with primes
Covey22 Moderator
28th Aug 2012
MEMcD Moderator
03rd Sep 2012
verdict
04th Oct 2012
alubchenko
20th Nov 2012
verdict
20th Nov 2012

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251741 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.