Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251741
View in linear mode

Subject: "D90 backfocus with primes" Previous topic | Next topic
verdict Registered since 14th Aug 2012Tue 28-Aug-12 01:48 PM
44 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D90 backfocus with primes"

FI

Hi,

I have problem that both of my primes do massive backfocus. I have tested this with focus charts many times (using tripod, enough lights and so on.. so i'm sure that there is backfocus). Those two primes do backfocus even in outdoor, in fair sunlight, where everything should be "easy" for the camera.

Primes that I am using are 35mm f2 AF-D and 50mm f1.8 AF-D. So they are using "screwdriver"

I also have 18-105VR AF-S, and I can't say that it does backfocus. It's hard to tell if it does, because DoF is so large, but i'm 99% sure that it doesn't do backfocus.

So what I can do? I don't wanna pay several hundred euros to get these "low-end" gears in line. I'm anyway planning to change to FX, or get the 17-55 f2.8 Nikkor (the magic-glass ). Should I just dump these primes? I have read that I can correct D90's focus from those two screws behind mirror (one for MF and one for AF). But if I touch to AF-screw, I will ruin the 18-105 focus, right? There are no AF fine tune in D90

BTW: with MF I think that focus is in place.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicD90 backfocus with primes [View all] , verdict , Tue 28-Aug-12 01:48 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D90 backfocus with primes
Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine
28th Aug 2012
MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas
03rd Sep 2012
verdict
04th Oct 2012
alubchenko
20th Nov 2012
verdict
20th Nov 2012

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251741 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.