Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251634
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: D90 exposure from LCD to computer - Photos added" Previous topic | Next topic
Bluewaterhooker0 Registered since 31st Jan 2009Thu 26-Jul-12 04:35 AM
107 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: D90 exposure from LCD to computer - Photos added"
In response to In response to 0

Tampa, US

I have to agree with the comment that exposure is not that far off. I think both shots are suffering a lack of punch, or contrast. I played with them on really basic adjustment, and posted.
The second shot is also lacking in even lighting between foreground and background (of the guitar to the far end of the neck), in addition to the fact that you are shooting the black tuning machines against a 'black' background. The comment about seperating the guitar from the background will gain you some increase in the 'blackness' of the background, and I think improve the overall shot quality. But, you will still need to pay attention to the light hitting the tuners. Since they are black, the best you can do is make sure they have specular or reflected highlights, to accentuate them from the black background. Don't know if you have modeling lights of any sort, but that would facilitate the fine tuning of lights.
I would play with the contrast adjustment (increase) in your menu function. I don't have a D90, so don't know what adjustment that is, but D80 has it, so I'm sure a D90 does as well.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A topic tagged as in need of helpD90 exposure from LCD to computer - Photos added [View all] , Pete_C Gold Member, Wed 25-Jul-12 04:47 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D90 exposure from LCD to computer - Photos added
Covey22 Moderator
25th Jul 2012
Pete_C Gold Member
25th Jul 2012
aolander Silver Member
25th Jul 2012
Pete_C Gold Member
25th Jul 2012
aolander Silver Member
25th Jul 2012
Pete_C Gold Member
26th Jul 2012
aolander Silver Member
26th Jul 2012
Pete_C Gold Member
26th Jul 2012
Arkayem Moderator
22nd Aug 2012
Bluewaterhooker0
26th Jul 2012
Pete_C Gold Member
26th Jul 2012
WD4MLA Silver Member
24th Aug 2012
Arkayem Moderator
24th Aug 2012
Pete_C Gold Member
24th Aug 2012

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251634 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.