nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251442
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Which colour space ?" Previous topic | Next topic
HHargitt Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Jan 2010Sun 24-Jun-12 09:24 PM
514 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Which colour space ?"
In response to In response to 0

Maple Ridge, CA

I shoot in Adobe RGB 98, process in Prophoto (because it is larger than either Adobe RGB or SRGB), then save in SRGB for the web or printing services. It all depends on your workflow, I use a profiled monitor and printing to display my work at home and rely on whatever the viewer has on their system.
As I understand it the order of gamut size from small to larger is SRGB, Adobe RGB 98, most DSLRs, Prophoto. Prophoto enncompases all of the red and blue with only a small amount of yellow being clipped when converting from the camera sensors native gamut.

It's best to shoot, process and display in the widest possible color space.

Happy shooting,

Howard

Will shoot for fame...fun...food... a heck I'll shoot anytime anywhere.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicWhich colour space ? [View all] , scottwesterman , Sun 24-Jun-12 03:40 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Which colour space ?
HHargitt Silver Member
24th Jun 2012
aolander Silver Member
25th Jun 2012
Lighter Silver Member
25th Jun 2012

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251442 Previous topic | Next topic