nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251402
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: sporadic D90 shutter hesitation" Previous topic | Next topic
HenkB Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2004Wed 20-Jun-12 02:48 AM
542 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: sporadic D90 shutter hesitation"
In response to In response to 4

Wayland, US

Sadly, no - but thanks. Since the problem clears without my doing anything, usually on the next shot, if it is a setting, the fault is somewhere in the circuitry and not my oversight. Also, the D90 is seldom on a tripod and I must admit I have never had the ambition to locate the shutter delay. Thanks for the tip. Yep, there it is, d10. Cool.

Anyway, my working hypothesis is a corroded contact in the shutter button or in one of the associated solder joints that connect it to a board. If a lot of folk experienced this problem then I might have a prayer of having Nikon do something about it. I don't mind the camera having a quirk, so long as it doesn't really get in my way.

For instance, the D70 has lost a few segments of the shutter count numbers on the top LCD but I've learned to translate. Same with its sporadic CHA errors. Quirky, minorly annoying but nowhere near fatal. No camera is forever, but then, neither am I.

Best,

Hendrik

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicsporadic D90 shutter hesitation [View all] , HenkB Silver Member, Sat 16-Jun-12 03:25 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: sporadic D90 shutter hesitation
TheGreatMike
16th Jun 2012
TheGreatMike
16th Jun 2012
HenkB Silver Member
16th Jun 2012
AClogston
20th Jun 2012
HenkB Silver Member
20th Jun 2012
AClogston
20th Jun 2012
gkaiseril Gold Member
20th Jun 2012
HenkB Silver Member
20th Jun 2012

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251402 Previous topic | Next topic