Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251349
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: another sort of strange question" Previous topic | Next topic
michaelhager Registered since 15th Feb 2007Thu 07-Jun-12 02:03 PM
2284 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#3. "RE: another sort of strange question"
In response to In response to 2

Fountain Inn, US

For whatever reasons, there is value associated with a signature on any artwork.

Whether you are "somebody" or not, potential buyers of your photographs perceive that there is a higher value with a real signature. They don't know if you are "somebody" or not, so just in case you might be, they will be more likely to pull out their wallets for your print over the one next to it without a signature. This, of course will increase the possibility that your prints will sell and isn't that what you really want?

Secondly, as you sell more prints and more people see them and word of mouth spreads, people will go looking for prints that can be verified to be your originals by your signature so after awhile you will start to become "somebody" and eventually when you ARE "somebody" those little prints will be worth a lot more than what they originally paid for them.

Then you can make bigger prints with your signature and sell them for a lot more than you can today and retire a rich "somebody" in high demand and I can claim I once gave a very famous "somebody" strategic advice when they were first starting out and get my picture in People Magazine!

C. Michael Hager
Your most important piece of photo equipment is built into your face.
www.cmhager.com/Content/photo.shtml

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicanother sort of strange question [View all] , pasknucklehead Silver Member, Wed 06-Jun-12 05:27 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: another sort of strange question
elec164 Silver Member
06th Jun 2012
pasknucklehead Silver Member
06th Jun 2012
michaelhager
07th Jun 2012
pasknucklehead Silver Member
08th Jun 2012

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251349 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.