Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251335
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: I really must get a life!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
elec164 Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Jan 2009Tue 05-Jun-12 03:41 AM
2124 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: I really must get a life!!!"
In response to In response to 3

US

I can't resist reading your posts. They inspire me to try things I might not have done, and try to improve myself. Your enthusiasm is infectious!

The only thing I would say is be cautious with that first sharpening step. Sharpening is accumulative so if you go to heavy to start with, it limits what you can do later without causing unwanted artifacts.

As to the live view focus box, I just checked on my D7000 and the red box does not turn green when focus is achieved even when your not zoomed in. I assume it will probably be the same on the D90. But I don't see that as a drawback. With macro imaging the DOF is usually so narrow, especially with the lens wide open and the advantage of live view is not for a range finder, but to actually look at the focus achieved and place it precisely where you need to for your creative intent. That's where the zooming in really shines.

Pete

Pete

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicI really must get a life!!! [View all] , pasknucklehead Silver Member, Mon 04-Jun-12 02:54 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: I really must get a life!!!
ShrimpBoy Silver Member
04th Jun 2012
OnTERRYo Silver Member
04th Jun 2012
pasknucklehead Silver Member
05th Jun 2012
elec164 Silver Member
05th Jun 2012

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251335 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.