nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

I really must get a life!!!

elec164

US
2252 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: I really must get a life!!!"

elec164 Silver Member Nikonian since 15th Jan 2009
Tue 05-Jun-12 02:41 AM

I can't resist reading your posts. They inspire me to try things I might not have done, and try to improve myself. Your enthusiasm is infectious!

The only thing I would say is be cautious with that first sharpening step. Sharpening is accumulative so if you go to heavy to start with, it limits what you can do later without causing unwanted artifacts.

As to the live view focus box, I just checked on my D7000 and the red box does not turn green when focus is achieved even when your not zoomed in. I assume it will probably be the same on the D90. But I don't see that as a drawback. With macro imaging the DOF is usually so narrow, especially with the lens wide open and the advantage of live view is not for a range finder, but to actually look at the focus achieved and place it precisely where you need to for your creative intent. That's where the zooming in really shines.

Pete

Pete

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic I really must get a life!!! [View all] , pasknucklehead Silver Member, Mon 04-Jun-12 01:54 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: I really must get a life!!!