nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251335
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: I really must get a life!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
pasknucklehead Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Feb 2008Tue 05-Jun-12 02:16 AM
1426 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: I really must get a life!!!"
In response to In response to 1
Tue 05-Jun-12 02:20 AM by pasknucklehead

US

Gary, yes, that's how I do it. I usually use a pencil and prefocus on that, use autofocus to nail the focus and then set to manual because I know that it won't focus fast enough. That's not the problem. I am wondering if in manual focus when I do regular waterdrops, which I will include one here so you can see what I'm talking about, if I zoom in manually because it's almost impossible to use autofocus for this type of waterdrops, I don't see the advantage of the live view because the red box doesn't turn green when zoomed in and in manual focus. It would be so much easier that way, but does it not work in manual??? Is that clear? Here's a shot I'm working on, but I just can't nail the focus using just regular manual focus through the viewfinder....

Pete, if you're reading this post: I think I can see a really nice improvement over the sharpness of my down sampling particularly in this photo. So here's my work flow, just to check and see if I'm doing it how you told me...I do my editing, sharpen, change my image size for nikon, use bicubic sharper, the go back and sharpen once more. Is this correct? If so,,,then I think I got it...I do think this looks almost as good as the one I'm enlarging.....Let me know...

Darlene

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicI really must get a life!!! [View all] , pasknucklehead Silver Member, Mon 04-Jun-12 02:54 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: I really must get a life!!!
ShrimpBoy Silver Member
04th Jun 2012
OnTERRYo Silver Member
04th Jun 2012
pasknucklehead Silver Member
05th Jun 2012
elec164 Silver Member
05th Jun 2012

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251335 Previous topic | Next topic