Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251335
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: I really must get a life!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
ShrimpBoy Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Jan 2006Mon 04-Jun-12 02:47 AM
882 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: I really must get a life!!!"
In response to In response to 0

Brighton and Hove, GB

Darlene,

You're right in thinking that the red box turns green when live view achieves focus. But if you're trying to focus on water drops with live view, don't bother. It is horribly slow compared to regular AF and certainly won't cope with moving objects.

Depending on how you set yourself up, your best bet is to prefocus on something you place temporarily where the water drops will be, switch the lens or body to manual so that focus doesn't change, and then get your water going and just shoot.

Gary
"Yea, Sussex by the sea!" - Rudyard Kipling

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicI really must get a life!!! [View all] , pasknucklehead Silver Member, Mon 04-Jun-12 01:54 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: I really must get a life!!!
ShrimpBoy Silver Member
04th Jun 2012
OnTERRYo Silver Member
04th Jun 2012
pasknucklehead Silver Member
05th Jun 2012
elec164 Silver Member
05th Jun 2012

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251335 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.