nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Battery and world time problem

ebroudy

US
4 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Battery and world time problem"

ebroudy Registered since 21st May 2012
Thu 24-May-12 07:32 PM

I think I found answer from someelse's posting. Internal clock apparently needs periodic charging from the main battery, which probably isn't "on" long enough to do the job well. The suggestion I tried seemed to work, at least in short term. And that is: Insert a fresh main battery and power up the camera. Let it stay powered up for 2 days straight, i.e. long enought to really give the internal battery a good charge.

After a 2-day charge, the internal battery seems to work fine, not defaulting to 2006 when the battery is removed.

Thank you to whomever suggested this idea!

A general, generic topic Battery and world time problem [View all] , ebroudy , Mon 21-May-12 08:29 PM
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Battery and world time problem MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas
21st May 2012
Reply message RE: Battery and world time problem ebroudy
21st May 2012
     Reply message RE: Battery and world time problem cwils02 Gold Member
23rd May 2012
24th May 2012
               Reply message RE: Battery and world time problem MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas
24th May 2012
25th May 2012